The Stoneham Public Library maintains a Parenting Collection of several hundred books, films, and magazines geared toward parents and teachers. Located in the Children’s Department, the Parenting Collection has titles on topics from homeschooling and health concerns to discipline and divorce.
- ADD The site of the National Attention Deficit Disorder Association, includes a bookstore, information on attention deficit disorders, and current legal issues relating to ADHD.
- American Academy of Pediatrics This award winning website provides a wide range of helpful information for parents.
- CHADD The site for Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, consists of news and fact sheets on attention deficit disorders.
- Education World: Parents Read reviews of and link to parenting and family-related websites.
- Especially for Children and their Parents Links to online safety rules and suggestions compiled by the American Library Association.
- Facts for Families The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychology provides this site as a place where parents can get up-to-date material on issues relating to their child’s mental health.
- Family Education Network Focusing on helping children succeed in school.
- GetNetWise Learn about tools and techniques to better protect your children when their online, reduce unwanted emails and viruses, and keep your personal information private.
- Kidsgrowth Gives parents information on behavior, development, and pediatric health conditions, and offers advice on dealing with specific symptoms.
- Kidshealth A safe place for kids to find out more about their bodies and feelings. Parents can find accurate information on issues ranging from child diet and nutrition to immunization.
- KidSource A comprehensive summary of information on educational and health care issues.
- Massachusetts Parents information page A great resource for information on the parenting process from pregnancy and childbirth through the teen years.
- NetSmartz Learn about the dangers of the Internet and what you can do to protect your child.
- 100 Picture Books Everyone Should Know Notable picture books from the New York Public Library.
- Tufts University Child and Family WebGuide Links to information on parenting, child development, education, health concerns, child care, and more.
Updated March 2013.