If recent events have you wanting to know more about Asian Americans, please see the compiled list of resources that you can get at or through our Library!
The Library is available virtually 24/7. We have a variety of databases and digital collections! Some of the most popular are highlighted with tutorials on set up and basic use.
- Stoneham Independent. Stoneham Independent archive, which has full text of the paper from 1874-2017. The tutorial can be found here at Stoneham Independent Tutorial.
- Hoopla. Hoopla Digital, an online streaming service for ebooks, audiobooks, music, movies, and more, has something for all. The tutorial will help with the setup process. Hoopla Tutorial
- Stoneham High School Yearbooks. We also have a Tutorial on how to search the Yearbooks
- The Library has fantastic databases for research papers and general information. Using COVID-19 as an example, here is a tutorial on some of our research databases. Tutorial.
- Reference Solutions (formerly ReferenceUSA) is the leading provider in business and consumer research! Try our Tutorial on Reference Solutions.
- Gale in Context: Middle School. Also, try our Tutorial on the database. A great database for articles, encyclopedia articles, and primary sources geared toward Middle School, but educational for everyone.
- Gmail Tutorial. This will help you with the basics of setting up a Gmail account.
- Ancestry.com is available from home through the end of June 2021.
- Finally, here is a link to a full list of our OnlineDatabases. Have fun exploring, and contact the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org if further assistance is needed.
Join our virtual book groups with Maureen Saltzman. Past book group titles included:
Topic: Mysteries Around the World
Time: Jun 4, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Monday Night Book Discussion Zoom Meeting –June 29th at 7P.M.
The Only Woman in the Room by Marie Benedict
Join Zoom Meeting with this link: will post soon
312 626 6799
For information on Adult Book Groups, please contact
Maureen Saltzman at email@example.com or 781-438-1324 x2823
Please watch these wonderful videos of our Stoneham Author Series. Scroll down the Playlist to Stoneham Author Series. We thank Stoneham TV for recording these videos.
Read reviews for new and interesting books in Book Page.
The Library has fantastic databases for research papers and general information. Using COVID-19 as an example, here is a tutorial on some of our reseach databases. Tutorial.
Please try this wonderful database that includes academic articles, encyclopedia articles, biography, and primary sources. This database is geared toward Middle School students, but is educational for everyone. Gale in Context: Middle School. Also, try our Tutorial on the database.
The Stoneham Independent archive has been updated through 2020! Now articles from last year and before can be searched by keyword and more!
Reading back issues of The Stoneham Independent digitally will allow you to do research and learn about Stoneham from whatever location you choose! This project sponsored by the Stoneham Public Library and created by Advantage Archives provides full text access of The Stoneham Independent from 1874-2020, with current years added regularly.
If you need help getting started, please use the tutorial provided: Stoneham Independent Tutorial