The Stoneham Public Library maintains a Caregiver Collection geared toward parents and teachers. Located in the Children’s Department, the Caregiver Collection has titles on topics from homeschooling and health concerns to death and divorce.
- ADD The site of the National Attention Deficit Disorder Association, includes a bookstore, information on attention deficit disorders, and current legal issues relating to ADHD.
- American Academy of Pediatrics This award winning website provides a wide range of helpful information for parents.
- CHADD The site for Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, consists of news and fact sheets on attention deficit disorders.
- Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychology provides this site as a place where parents can get up-to-date material on issues relating to their child’s mental health.
- Family Education Network Focusing on helping children succeed in school.
- Kidshealth A safe place for kids to find out more about their bodies and feelings. Parents can find accurate information on issues ranging from child diet and nutrition to immunization.
- NetSmartz Learn about the dangers of the Internet and what you can do to protect your child.
- 100 Picture Books Everyone Should Know Notable picture books from the New York Public Library.
Updated June 2019